Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kid Ink Speaks on Working Relationship With Chris Brown

Fairly new on the scene, Kid Ink spoke on his working relationship with Chris Brown in a recent interview. The two artists are label mates (signed to RCA Records), but Ink says their relationship is deeper than just being label mates. He also details the making of their hit single, Main Chick.







“He already collabed with me when I was independent, but you know some independent things get under the rug. So we built a relationship just sending each other videos and just different stuff like that and in the city, because we live in LA…We built a cool relationship and when I hit him up through DM, I didn't have his number at the time, he was like book a session because, I was like,'You want me to send it through email or book a session', and he was like, 'Yo book a session. Like why would I do the email thing?' He only lives 15 minutes from me...You go to the crib and it's like six Lambos in front of the crib. Then you walk in and it's crazy. It's three tattoo artists on the wall tattooing. Chris was spray painting on the wall and it's crazy.” (DJ Whoo Kid Interview)





He later spoke more about the records they made together...

"I went home confident with the records we had. I did three records with Chris Brown that night, and we had three records left. We were going through so many different things trying to get this tracklist and he ended up putting it on his X Files EP, which was not the same version that I had on the album. He had the one he had from the original session. You know, I respect that, because that was just, it's a co-sign. I feel like it's just letting people know that he's not just rocking with me on some label stuff, even though we label mates. It's really like, I can hit him up, and go to the crib and chill and all that." (DJ Whoo Kid Interview)


Kid Ink dropped his second album, My Own Lane last week (January 7), and it did moderately well in the sales department...selling 50,000 copies after 7 days in stores.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar