Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

19 year old Ankita Chakravarty takes on MasterChef India - Exclusive Interview


19 year old Ankita Chakravarty takes on MasterChef India - Exclusive Interview
Ankita Chakravarty - Master Chef India Contestant

19 year old Ankita Chakravarty from Delhi is the youngest contestant on MasterChef India. Her dad was a chef but she is not in touch with him since her parents separated. Read on to find out more about Ankita who is one of the talented 12 finalists of the show.

What is your day time profession?
I am a student

Why did you want to be part of this show?
I always loved cooking and whenever I watched cookery shows on TV I dreamt of participating in them myself. I participated in MasterChef India to prove I can cook well.

What do you think of Akshay Kumar as the host?
The success that Akshay has achieved is larger than life but he is still so humble and I appreciate that. He is a fabulous host.

What you plan to achieve on winning MasterChef India?
My dad is a cook but I did not come here to prove to him that I too can cook I came to make my mom and sister proud of me.

How did you interested in cooking?
I was 13 or 14 years old when I started cooking. The reason I got interested in it was because mom and dad are separated and mom is a working woman. I felt that it was my duty to help mom in cooking because she used to return home tired after work.

Who is their inspiration for cooking?
My mom.

Difference in your cooking style regional wise - how is it different from other contestants?
Contestants in MasterChef India have come from different regions so there is a difference in our style of cooking the spices they use and even the way of putting chaukha. The one similarity in our food is that Indian cuisine is spicy. I belong to Delhi and use more of garlic in my cooking.

Besides cooking what other passions do you have?
I am into western dancing and I love it.

Share some cooking tips that Akshay shared off-screen?
Akshay taught us how to cut vegetables, how to place them on a sizzler plate and many other small but useful tips.

Which cuisine is the most difficult to prepare?
I think it is Indian cuisine that is the toughest to prepare. I am referring to the traditional cooking that is done by people living in villages.

Recipes which are specialty from your region?
The specialty of Delhi is butter chicken.

A memorable incident related to cooking?
Preparing Argentinean Bong meal in boot camp round was memorable. I mixed up many cuisines and created an interesting mix which was appreciated by everyone.

The first dish you prepared?
The first dish I had prepared was mutter ki sabzi.

Who is your biggest critic?
My 14 year old sister is my biggest critic. She keeps commenting on every dish that I prepare and if she does not like it she even tells my friends about how bad the cooking was.

One celebrity you would like to cook for and why and which dish?
I love Ranbir Kapoor so I want to cook butter chicken for him because I know it is his favorite dish.
Source: Star Plus

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar